Merion Publications, Inc. /Advance Healthcare Network – King of Prussia, PA
As Director of Marketing I ran all B2B and B2C efforts, projects, strategies and processes related to Marketing, Online & In-Person Event production, Public Relations, Communications, Education, Custom Content, SEO/SEM, Social Media, Art/Copy/Production and Sales across 12 publication markets and two e-commerce product lines. Position included managing a diverse team with responsibility for:
- B2B and B2C budgeting, planning, execution, results analysis and communication of all marketing strategies.
- B2B abd B2C marketplace awareness and expansion for all product lines.
- Sales management of events, education, custom content, print/digital media & e-commerce products.
- Corporate online/in-person events, webinar and tradeshow marketing, execution and participation.
- Marketing automation expansion (sales lead generation, list acquisition/segmentation, testing, analysis, reporting).
- Competitive research, ROI cost justification & results analysis for all new products and marketing initiatives.
- Project assignment and prioritization of all ‘Internal Ad Agency’ assignments for product marketing & sales collateral.
- UX/UI implementation and design for digital media products and new website launches.
- Consistent corporate branding efforts across all product lines.
- Internal and external communications, agreements, business letters, RFPs & press releases.
- New content and promotions for all markets to attract advertisers, event participants and readers.
- Best practice SEO/SEM and social media strategies and implementation for all product lines.
- Corporate outreach, negotiation and development of partnership agreements for market expansion.
- Report analysis of Suite CRM, Google Analytics, email analytics & internal reports to identify and predict trends.
- Client/Market analysis to provide direction for sales, marketing and the business owners.
As Corporate Vice President I was responsible for assisting owners with general operations, new projects, problem solving, process improvement and workflow across departments. Responsible for:
- Acting as the internal change agent, resource & communicator to all directors, managers & business owners.
- HR announcements, projects and vetting new hire prospects to assess company compatibility.
- Report preparation to owners on major company project outcomes & corporate initiatives.
- Efforts that required coordination across sales, marketing, IT, production, editorial & the owners as needed.
- Research and contracts with third party vendors.
Today, I remain in my position serving on the final skeleton crew to:
- Oversee the closing of all business operations, revenue collections and the sale of corporate assets.
- Document all processes related to successfully transitioning company assets to new ownership.
- Ensure positive outcomes and continued goodwill related to clients, reader/writer relationships and vendors.
- Prepare and present assets, P&L statements, balance sheets and client data to prospective buyers.
- Act as Human Resources coordinator for past employees to ensure a smooth transition & continued communication
Merion Publications Inc. / Advance Healthcare Network (other related titles/positions held)
- 2013-2014 -Director of Corporate Communications & IT Project Management Officer
- 2006-2013 -Senior Public Relations & Events Marketing Director
- 2002-2006 -Events Sales & Marketing Director
- 2000-2002 -Advertising Sales Administration Manager
Related Work Achievements:
- Created and executed the entire sales strategy, marketing plan & budget to launch a full in-person events product line, expanding to 32 national job fairs annually generating $2.4 million in annual revenue.
- Diversified the events product line by developing an in-house virtual event platform and a live webinar program with packaged marketing components that contributed an additional $250K annually.
- Launched and marketed a live program selling goods direct to consumers at 65 trade shows and 24 healthcare facilities yearly. Show sales ranged from $2K-40K and resulted in larger uniform bids & $2.6 million in sales in 2016.
- Contracted and promoted distribution at 32 corporate in-person events and 152 national healthcare and recruiter based trade shows that impacted print media sales by an average of 25% per qualifying publication at peak effort.
- Grew social media outreach across all major platforms by curating content and developing best practice strategies that resulted in dramatic growth for all pages. Nurses Facebook page grew from 17K to 330K followers in 2 years.
- Grew our outbound client paid email services by 25% in one year adding $250K quarterly by adding a sales program with standardized pricing, improving our own internal marketing automation and segmentation as well as partnering with a third-party email provider that allowed for expanded outreach to more specialized audiences.
- Vetted email vendors for improved list management, segmentation & superior analytics to increase the outbound marketing strategy which increased email production capability by 50% up to 53 million emails per month using a clean, internal list of 1.4 million professionals with an average 96-98% deliverability rate and an average open of 13%-21% by product/audience.
- Created more than 150 exclusive partnerships with state and national healthcare trade associations that expanded the overall brand outreach and increased our annual print, digital and email marketing distribution and revenue by 20% per issue at peak effort.
- Improved marketing efforts that expanded the entire custom content product outreach and sales by 25% in 2015.
- Instituted new web ad sizes (interstitial, ½ page, super leader board/dropdown, medium rectangle and buttons) for more desirable, higher priced real estate and simultaneously moved all web ads to the Open X ad serving platform to allow for expanded Geo targeting and CPM based sales models to meet client demand and increase revenue.
- Developed the business strategy, marketing/sales plans and product packages to launch new fully searchable Word Press websites, an education provider/CE/Seminar directory and specialized state centric nursing sites, moving from an outdated .NET platform to an SEO/content friendly PHP platform to better meet client demand for improved search and analytics and for overall improved user experience.
- Created a full-circle ad buy strategy to maximize revenue and client ROI offering comprehensive, cost effective packages with advertising across the reader’s digital footprint on all relevant advertising channels (digital publications, weekly e-newsletters, email, websites, social media, job board, education directory & custom digital/events).
1995–1997 Hunt Manufacturing – Philadelphia, PA Marketing Assistant
As Marketing Assistant, I was responsible for executing all aspects of marketing support for the Business Development Manager, Sr. Product Manager and the Product Manager of Art Marketing for the Bienfang and Speedball product lines which included: Competitive pricing and product feature analysis; developing and maintaining customer quality complaint process; creating & analyzing complex charts for strategic plans, budget tracking, expenses & receipts; designing evaluation forms, consumer research surveys, meeting presentations & new product press releases; proofing, and administering promotion alerts, sales materials, customer bulletins and quarterly mailings.
1994–1995 Marketing & Research Resources (M&MR) – Frederick, MD Assistant to the VP of Research
As the direct support for the VP of Research, my responsibilities included: Development of professional marketing surveys for the general consumer; execution, proofing and editing of proposals, agreements, reports and sales letters; daily management of sales database; creation of special research forms for surveys and department related projects; working in conjunction with all other staff members and managers, including sales, IT, marketing, and office management to insure success of daily operations throughout the company.
1993–1994 Dimensions, Inc. – Reading, PA Asst. to the VP of Product Development
As the assistant to the VP of Product Development my duties included: Creative and technical writing as well as detailed data research for the sales department; coordination of early shipment candidates for catalog customers; assisting accounting with inventory control, shipping records and time management; tracking, updating and distribution of all new products and production information using a formal ITS tracking process and document that I developed for the company; copyright research and attainment; finishing, naming and management of all prototype models, new product research and prototype construction.
1987–1991 Millersville University of Pennsylvania Bachelor of Arts Degree
Major: Commercial Art & Design Major & Minor: Communications
- Able to quickly assess and communicate Technology and IT/Systems related issues and needs
- Capable of quickly learning and using any new software or web based product
- Daily use of CRM (Suite, Sugar, NetSuite, Homegrown)
- Understanding of data-mart construction, list management and list segmentation
- Skilled with all Google products (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Analytics, Adwords)
- Skilled with Adobe and all Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Skilled with various Marketing Automation software systems (Smart Focus, ActOn, MailChimp)
- Knowledge and use of Word Press and homegrown content management systems
- Adept at intense website research and analysis (Google, Safari, Bing)
- Understanding of Word Press website development and general website functionality
- Skilled at Social Media posting/advertising (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest)
- Understand the technical applications and implementation of SEO and paid search
Activities & Other Achievements:
- Promoted 8 times in my tenure at Merion Publications, Inc. from PR Specialist to Vice President
- Selected by managers and peers to function as a Project Management Officer through an internal IT overhaul
- Time management training certified
- Excellence in Project Management award
- Multiple perfect attendance awards
- 2013-2015 Limerick Elementary Home & School League – Vice President
- 2009-2013 Limerick Elementary Home & School League – Fundraising Chairman (generated up to $20K annually)
- Member and Alumni of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity
- Several art designs and English composition pieces archived at Millersville for future teaching purposes