Maria P. Keehn-Senior
610-247-4591 or email@example.com
Merion Publications, Inc./Advance Healthcare Network – King of Prussia, PA
Director of Marketing & Corporate VP
As Director of Marketing:
- Daily management of Marketing, Events, SEO/SEM, Circulation, Media & E-commerce sales teams ranging from 5-25 people.
- Responsible for reviews, retention, motivation, direction and daily production.
- Provided P&L analysis, ROI justification, competitive research, market analysis, market planning, package development and sales reporting for all product lines and new sales initiatives.
- Directed B2B and B2C marketing efforts for all print and digital media business initiatives & new product launches that included:
- Word Press websites with improved SEO, content search, UX and analytics
- Healthcare Education Directory to drive additional sales revenue
- Continuing Education sponsorship program to increase CE related revenue
- Interstitial roadblock, 1/2 page and pushdown web ad sizes with CPM pricing and geo-targeting to force increased web ad sales dollars
- Improved marketing strategy for custom content product line, increasing sales revenue by 20% in year 1
- Full-circle ad buy strategy to maximize revenue and client ROI by positioning digital products across our reader’s entire digital footprint
- Print and Digital publication product launches
- Directed art, production and wrote copy for new product launches, emails, websites, promotions & sales collateral as needed.
- Directed B2B and B2C print and digital marketing efforts for healthcare shop & e-commerce business initiatives & new product launches.
- Managed direct to consumer event sales program at 89 locations per year contributing $2K-40K per event
- Launched affiliate outreach program for bulk uniform sales that generated $2.6m in annual revenue by 2016
- Directed entire production, planning, print/digital marketing & sales efforts for all Advance in-person events, virtual/online events, webinars, & national tradeshows.
- Managed 32 national corporate events per year at peak effort, contributing $2.4 million in annual revenue by consistently meeting or beating sales goals
- Managed 10-20 Virtual/Online events with speakers per year, contributing $125-250K in annual revenue
- Managed 30-40 Live Webinars per year, contributing $200-400K in annual revenue
- Marketed Advance products at 152 national tradeshows annually with a direct impact on sales revenue prior to and after events
- Developed client RFPs & contracts and assisted sales with client meetings, concepts and package ideas to maximize sales
- Used Suite CRM, Google Analytics & Internal Sales Reporting to provide new direction and goals for sales and marketing teams
- Prepared P&L statements for new projects factoring all costs and overhead with a projected 25% profit margin
- Instituted SEO/SEM best practice strategies for all website media content, emails and e-commerce site.
- Worked with SEO/SEM team to outline and push through the addition of canonical tags, as well as the use of back links, a ‘you may also like’ feature, hashtags, keywords, meta descriptions, improved H1/H2 structures and the writing of headlines written specifically for search in order to improve content rankings on all sites.
- Instituted Social Media best practice strategies for all media, events and e-commerce product lines.
- Grew social media outreach across all major platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+, Pinterest, Instagram) as well as company blogs
- Increased Nurses Facebook page from 17K to 330K followers over 2 years
- Launched Google+ pages to maximize SEO via Google search
- Used Facebook and Google ads to increase attention and revenue for both print and e-commerce product lines
- Improved blog post topics and output to drive additional traffic to websites
- Grew corporate partnerships to include over 150 exclusive agreements that expanded brand outreach and increased print revenue by 20% per publication.
- Improved email list acquisition, email marketing automation, list segmentation and results analysis for all product lines.
- Grew outbound client paid email services by 25% to generate $250K quarterly in 2016 using internal lists and an external partner for niche specialties
- Vetted email vendors for improved list management, segmentation & superior analytics to increase the outbound marketing strategy
- Increased email production capability by 50%, sending up to 53 million emails per month to a clean internal list of 1.4 million professionals
- Achieved average 98% deliverability rate
- Achieved average open rate of 13%-21% by product/audience by using clean, targeted list segmentation and A/B testing.
- Print and Digital Marketing and list acquisition for subscriber outreach to increase print and digital readership and subscription signs ups year over year.
As Vice President:
- Assisted owners with corporate business operations, new projects, general problem solving, staffing needs and assessments, process improvements and workflow streamlining across all department.
- Acted as a primary internal resource and mediator for all department directors and managers.
- Vetted potential new hires across all departments to assess work ethic and department/company compatibility.
- Executed special projects and corporate initiatives as assigned by collaborating across sales, marketing, IT, production, editorial & the executive team from inception to product launch.
- Researched, vetted and hired third party vendors and contractors.
- Remained on the final skeleton crew to assist with and oversee all aspects of closing business operations as well as the sale of assets for media and e-commerce businesses.
Hunt Manufacturing – Philadelphia, PA
As Marketing Assistant, I was responsible for executing all aspects of marketing support for the Business Development Manager, Sr. Product Manager and the Product Manager of Art Marketing for the Bienfang and Speedball product lines which included: Competitive pricing and product feature analysis; developing and maintaining customer quality complaint process; creating & analyzing complex charts for strategic plans, budget tracking, expenses & receipts; designing evaluation forms, consumer research surveys, meeting presentations & new product press releases; proofing, and administering promotion alerts, sales materials, customer bulletins and quarterly mailings.
Marketing & Research Resources (M&MR) – Frederick, MD
Asst. to the VP of Research
As the direct support for the VP of Research, my responsibilities included: Development of professional marketing surveys for the general consumer; execution, proofing and editing of proposals, agreements, reports and sales letters; daily management of sales database; creation of special research forms for surveys and department related projects; working in conjunction with all other staff members and managers, including sales, IT, marketing, and office management to insure success of daily operations throughout the company.
Dimensions, Inc. – Reading, PA
Asst. to the VP Product Development
As the assistant to the VP of Product Development my duties included: Creative and technical writing as well as detailed data research for the sales department; coordination of early shipment candidates for catalog customers; assisting accounting with inventory control, shipping records and time management; tracking, updating and distribution of all new products and production information using a formal ITS tracking process and document that I developed for the company; copyright research and attainment; finishing, naming and management of all prototype models, new product research and prototype construction.
Millersville University of Pennsylvania – Millersville, PA
Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Commercial Art & Design Major/Communications Minor
- Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity
- Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Google Products (Gmail, Google Docs, Analytics)
- Smart Focus and ActOn Marketing Automation Software
- Suite/Sugar CRM
- Word Press and homegrown CMS
- Email Segmentation and list management
- Website Search
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest)
- Able to understand and communicate internal IT/Systems related issues
- Capable of quickly learning new software and new processes
- WordPress websites
- 2013-2015 Limerick Elementary Home & School League – Vice President
- 2009-2013 Limerick Elementary Home & School League – Basket Raffle Chair
- Time Management training
- Excellence in Project management award – Hunt Manufacturing
- Multiple perfect attendance awards
- Several Art Designs and English Comp pieces archived at Millersville of future teaching purposes
- Currently pursuing new Inbound Sales and Marketing Certifications from Hubspot.